Here’s is a holiday favorite! It blends just the perfect amount of savory pumpkin pie flavor with a little bit of spice. I can offer no phyto facts for this recipe, chefs! This spirit is just good for your spirit, in moderation, of course. I think that’s all we need to know. Here’s to your health!
by Chef Tina Martini, The Medicine Chef
- 1/2 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
- Scant 1/2 oz Cinnamon Schnapps
- 1/2 oz White Creme de Cacao
- 1/10 oz Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 2 oz Half and Half
- Cocktail shaker and a pint glass
- Chill martini glasses.
- Load cocktail shaker with ice.
- Measure all ingredients into shaker.
- Gently “Roll” the drink back and forth between the shaker and the pint glass.
- After 6 or 7 “transfers,” ending with the drink in the shaker, stain into your chilled martini glass.
- Top with nutmeg.
- To “Roll” is a technique used when we don’t want to add air or curdle the cream. It also adds just a touch of dilution, as we bring the ingredients together.
- To “Shake” is another technique that adds air and volume to a drink.
- To “Stir” creates a viscous, full-bodied drink without dilution.
I just can’t help myself: Nutmeg is Mother Nature’s antibiotic. And that’s you one and only phyto fact!
|by Chef Tina Martini, “The Medicine Chef” @MedicineChef | Facebook
Chef Martini is an experienced, well-versed television personality with a successful and proven track record. She holds a doctorate from Bastyr University in Naturopathy and a Nutrition degree from San Diego State University. She mixes cooking with nutrition, fitness and wellness!