Beer punch seems to be capturing the American palate at the moment. What better time than Super Bowl Week to roll out another Checkit!withLeigh exclusive.
by Tina Martini, The Medicine Chef
I’ve already taste tested it all over my neighborhood. Too bad you don’t live on my street, right? The friends and neighbors agreed, “This is very different; in a very good way!” My thanks to all of you brave taste test pioneers!
You can make this by the glass, or by the bowl. Allowing one bottle of beer per guest, this recipe serves four. You can increase the ingredients according to your parties needs or guest capacities.
Roasted Orange Garnish
- 1 Naval Orange, sliced into 1/4′ wheels
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbls Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip Orange wheels into brown sugar and chili powder, coating both sides.
- Place on parchment paper and roast in oven 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut the smaller wheels in half to garnish your glasses and place the others in the freezer and serve as “ice cubes”.
Shock Top Beer Punch
- 4 bottles of Shock Top Original Belgian Ale, well chilled
- 1/3 cup fresh Orange Juice
- 2 ozs Spiced Rum
- 2 drops Vanilla
- At the time of service, place all ingredients in a chilled punch bowl.
- Stir lightly, keeping the foam down.
- Add frozen roasted Orange wheels.
- Place chilled glasses, garnished with the roasted Orange half moons, around the punch bowl.
Phyto Facts: This punch may be a little weak in the phytonutrient department, but it makes you laugh. That builds your immune system. You’re welcome!
|by Chef Tina Martini, “The Medicine Chef” @MedicineChef | Facebook
Chef Martini is an experienced, well-versed television personality with a successful and proven track record. She holds a doctorate from Bastyr University in Naturopathy and a Nutrition degree from San Diego State University. She mixes cooking with nutrition, fitness and wellness!