Milkshakes are so reminiscent of childhood I’ll sometimes start a live show with one because it seems to put everyone in a good mood. The audience gets so excited when “The Martini Girls” come out, carrying cocktail trays loaded with decadent looking ice cream drinks.
a Guest Blog by Chef Tina Martini At first they laugh and clap. Then, the whispers start; “I thought she was “The Medicine Chef,” they murmur. “Good news!” I shout, “This one is actually good for you!” Of course, we usually negate that by “spiking” ours, because, after all… We’re in Vegas, Baby!
- 1 pint Coconut Bliss – Chocolate/Peanut Butter
- 1-2 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground peanuts, Dry or Honey roasted
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter, chunky or smooth
- 4 small glasses, or 2 large glasses
- Spread the Peanut Butter on a saucer, in a circle. Make the circle slightly larger than the rim of the glasses you’re using.
- Place ground Peanuts in a small bowl.
- Dip the rim of your glasses into the Peanut Butter, and then into the ground Peanuts.
- Place glasses in the freezer while you blend your milkshakes.
- Place Coconut Bliss, almond milk, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Remember chef’s, you can always add, but you can never take away. What that rule means for this frozen delight is to add the almond milk slowly to insure that your shakes don’t come out too thin.
- Pour the finished product into your prepared glasses and enjoy a decadent treat that is actually good for you and your family.
Here’s to the warm weather, and your health!
Coconut Bliss is a vegan frozen dessert, made with coconut milk and sweetened with agave. As an “enter the blood stream slowly” sweet treat, it can be enjoyed, even by insulin resistant persons. Always enjoy sweets in moderation for maximum benefit.
Coconut is a great protector against heart disease, viral infections, arthritis, and inflammation in general. It is showing much promise in the treatment and reversal of Alzheimer’s and HIV.
Vanilla is showing great results is the prevention and treatment of breast bancer. It is also an aphrodisiac food, said to make us more sensual.
Peanut Butter contains the amazing phytonutrient Resveratrol. It has been shown to increase longevity, burn body fat without exercise (NO, it’s not a secret bullet. YES, you still have to go to the gym), slow the aging process and speed up the disease fighting processes in our cells.
Tasty Tip - For an adult version of this treat, add:
- 1 1/2 ozs. of Salted Caramel Vodka
- 1 oz Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz. Kahlua
Shhh! Don’t tell Leigh we’re being bad!
Serves 4 small, or 2 large, if you really earn it with your workout
|by Chef Tina Martini, “The Medicine Chef” @MedicineChef | Facebook
Chef Martini is an experienced, well-versed television personality with a successful and proven track record. She holds a doctorate from Bastyr University in Naturopathy and a Nutrition degree from San Diego State University. She mixes cooking with nutrition, fitness and wellness!